Monday, October 13, 2008

XXL in Singapore

We were at Vivocity on Sunday having lunch with my friend and her family ... after lunch, we strolled around for a bit .. I wanted to buy a maternity top or 2 to wear with my pants as the current ones I have .. well, they've gotten a bit tight ..

Everyday, I stand on my weighing scale .. my weight is still the same .. I've only gained 2kg from my prepregnancy weight .. BUT .. my tummy is expanding so alas .. there we were at Marton-Bell .. with me frantically rifling thru their racks of clothes TRYING to find something nice ..

The maternity stuff here sucks .. ok, that's not fair .. I just can't shop at the other shops here .. Thyme Maternity etc. The clothes are all way too small for big ol' me. DAMMIT.

Anyway, I managed to find 2 decent looking tops from Marton Bell (I only went there cos I KNEW they had bigger sizes) .. and went to put them on .. they were ok ..

They were labelled "XXL"

SIGH.

All my maternity stuff thus far .. I've bought online from Motherhood.com .. the stuff there is very nice .. and I wear an XL .. well, it is a US website .. AND the stuff is so reasonably priced too !! Here, I find the maternity stuff quite hideous at times and way overpriced. I had no choice but to buy here cos it's already way too late for me to order online at this point. I only have 8 weeks or so to go.

XXL ... sigh.

2 comments:

Meekfreek said...

Yeh, don't bother buying anymore stuff...just wear your hubby's t'shirts and stuff. I can't believe you've only put on 2kg!!!! How did you manage that?

kristalangel said...

Seriously, Lianne .. I don't know .. my usual weight gain for my previous pregnancies was about 7-8 kg .. this time around, it's only 2 kg .. it's not like I'm not eating or watching what I eat !! I'm not stuffing my face either la .. everything seems to go to the baby this time around .. I can feel her legs just below my ribs this time .. it's quite scary as it's never happened to me .. even Emily at 3.9 kg didn't seem so big in my tummy as compared to this one ... I'm really quite worried.

Please god, don't let it be a 4kg plus baby ... *sob*