Saturday, October 18, 2008

Vivo on a Saturday

Hubby had a wedding lunch to attend on Rasa Sentosa so he dropped us off at Vivocity for a bit of window shopping. I had NO interest to attend some wedding lunch of some colleague of his on a Saturday afternoon when I could go walk around and look at stuff .. besides, the invite stated, "lunch will be served at 2" .. what the hell? Who has lunch at 2pm?

So there we were with another friend whose hubby was attending the same wedding lunch walking around ... and then having some coffee and light snacks at Serenity Cafe .. everywhere else was CROWDED .. I actually prefer the Pacific Coffee Company .. but all the seats were taken .. bummer.

I took the opportunity to bring my ginormous Quinny Buzz along .. Vivo is so huge and spacious it's ok to push it around ... I wouldn't take the Buzz to a smaller mall .. and it's ideal for crowded places too .. people tend to steer clear of your stroller for fear of the BIG ASS wheels running over their feet ... hahahaha ..

Since we were there for a mere 2 hours or so and half of which was spent at Serenity .. I actually came home EMPTY HANDED !!! I didn't get to buy a SINGLE thing ... hahahah. I tried, believe me .. walked into Gap, Mothercare and Pumpkin Patch .. but it was too short a time to really get the girls to try on anything ... OH WELL .. there's always next time.

2 comments:

Meekfreek said...

Really? You have to go back! GAP has got new stock! I picked up a multi-striped velour hooded tracksuit for Izzy. It's really nice! I can imagine your girls in it too!

kristalangel said...

ya, amazing isn't it? not a single shopping bag .. I was trying to go to as many places as possible in that short space of time so we spent a few minutes in each store only ...

yes, I will go back .. but it has to be a weekday, man .. I can't tahan seeing so many people !!