Thursday, October 23, 2008

An epiphany

I had an epiphany yesterday. I was standing in Mothercare at Centrepoint staring at the racks of lovely lovely kiddy clothing when it came to me.

I think I'm only having kids cos I like to buy kiddy clothing etc.

Really.

lol.

I discussed it with my friend who laughed and said that after this baby, I should concentrate on buying clothes and stuff for myself instead. I told her that that idea wasn't as attractive as buying kiddy clothing and toys and other assorted baby/kiddy paraphernalia. Even more so, GIRL STUFF. All that pink and red and yellow ... ahhhh it's intoxicating !!

I have been traipsing in and out of the toy departments of malls for YEARS now. And I'm still not bored with it. I have been buying baby/toddler and now tween clothing for YEARS too and I still find it a pleasant experience. hmmmmmmm.

Makes me wonder. Once my youngest is in her tweens .. will I go into some kind of withdrawal stage cos then I have NO ONE to buy these things for?

OH DEAR. I shall not think about that now then. I can only hope that by then, I'll have grandkids !!!! ahhhh yes, there is HOPE after all!!

3 comments:

Goody said...

Anytime you feel that you don't have a reason to shop as much, just try and have another kid! lol!!

I spent i dunno how long at Mothercare yesterday and when it was time to pay, my husband dug into his pocket and realised that his card holder was left at home! haiz...... had to return everything back to the shelves.

kristalangel said...

lol. nevermind, you can go down to Mothercare again and pick out more stuff this time .. !!

No la, getting old already .. this is definitely my last baby at 34 (going on 35 just after Christmas this year) .. I don't want to be 38, 39 or 40 and be pregnant .. wa lau!!

Goody said...

haahaa.. you never know........ keke..