Thursday, October 16, 2008

Gynae appt ... 33 weeks ..

Went to see my gynae yesterday ... short appt .. had an ultrasound ... doesn't fail to fascinate me no matter how many times I've been pregnant ... I love seeing my baby on the monitor ... I saw her little feet .. so cute!

Doc claims my baby is still within the average weight ... 2.4 kg at 33 weeks ...

Not that I don't believe her ... but the last time she estimated Emily's weight the day before I gave birth, she said Emily would be about 3.2 to 3.4 kg ...

She was 3.9 kg at birth.

Friends later told me to switch gynaes ... lol.

I know it's just an estimate .. my friend who recently had her boy was also told by her gynae that her baby would be about 3 kg ... he was 3.4 kg at birth ... so I think that doctors are just basically making educated guesses .. based on what they see on the ultrasound monitors.

Why am I so concerned you ask? .. Guess I've read too many magazine articles where the baby was too big for the birth canal and well, needless to say .. it was a very painful experience for the mom.

My doc told me that if I wanted to ensure I won't have a big baby .. to control what I eat from now on ..

HUH. People always assume that just cos I'm BIG ... it must be cos I'm stuffing my face with food ALL THE TIME.

Eh, hallo ...

Right now, my appetite is just right ... I usually can't even finish my meal at the food court .. I haven't gained that much weight ... so I don't get it ... what I am supposed to do? Starve? ... Run 30 mins on the threadmill everyday till I deliver?

I was at a friend's place this morning .. her 6 year old son asked me whether I wanted to jump on his trampoline ... lol .. I politely declined and then he told me that I had a huge tummy ... lol :) Told him that I had a baby in there .. that's why aunty can't jump on his trampoline .. that and I'd probably wreck the thing with my weight ... pregnant or not ... hahaha :)

3 comments:

Meekfreek said...

Oh gosh...you're almost ready to pop! I tell you...time goes by real fast huh...

Well, my gynae anticipated Izzy would be 3.5kg and came out small. Only 2.65kg despite my 22kg weight gain!

kristalangel said...

yeah .. I'm amazed too!! How the months have flown by!!

yeah, I think at the end of the day, it's just a guess on the gynae's part .. big or small the baby WILL GROW .. so I prefer it if baby is smaller at birth ..

Anyway, u may have gained 22 kg during pregnancy but look at you now .. you're so SLIM and SVELTE!!

Meekfreek said...

Yah...weight loss = stress!