Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Celebrating Emily's birthday!



Emily turned 2 on the 28th of Sept ... I decided to forgo the party and just do a simple lunch with another friend whose girl also shares the same birthday (but different year) ... Everytime I throw a party ... it costs me between 1.2 - 1.4 k ... (SIGH) ... eg. Claudia's Jan party and Lauren's party last year each came up to about 1.4k ... how come, you ask? .. Well, there's the catering, the bouncy castle and the magician and the cake ... I love the cakes from The Patissier even though it's so darn expensive .. Claudia's cake cost me $250 .. hubby nearly had a heart attack .. lol!

So for Emily I decided we'd be cheap and have a nice decent lunch at Hog's Breath Cafe, eat cake and bring the birthday girl to Toys R Us to pick out anything she wants ... ok, so it was me that picked out the toys .. total damage for the afternoon was far less than 1.2k let me assure you .. lol !

It was a very enjoyable afternoon with the girls and hubby and our dear friends ... :)
Posted by Picasa

No comments: