Sunday, July 13, 2008

Making use of the ole noggin ...

Ah yes, so the housewife FINALLY has to use her brain for something other than domestic stuff .. I'm not saying that being a housewife is a BRAINLESS thing .. it certainly is not, I'll have you know .. you have to have some semblance of organizational and managerial skills to run a household efficiently, but when you actually have to focus on something other than the usual run of the mill everyday stuff .. then it kinda takes a toll .. LOL. Suddenly, I realize that while my standard of English is decent enough ... copywriting is not as easy as it looks.

First off, let me say that although I find it a delightful challenge to do this copywriting gig ... I don't ever want to be a copywriter FOR REAL. In fact, I realize that I am perfectly happy to NOT have to work. Well, yes, I do have my work at home and although it is a 24 hour one .. where I am constantly on call day or night, it beats rushing to meet deadlines at the office and being at the beck and call of a boss.

Here, I am the boss. If I say we're all eating CHICKEN tonight, then we all are. LOL. If mummy says, we can't go to the playground cos it just rained and the playground equipment is wet, we all don't go. If mummy gets up on a Saturday at freaking 2pm .. that's ok as well.

SIGH. The life of a SAHM .. you gotta love it :) I've been one for 10 years now and if there is ever a need for me to go back to work, I'll be the first in line off that cliff. LOL.

No comments: