Thursday, July 24, 2008

Lunch with girlfriends in town ..

Now that I'm not sick or nauseous anymore, life seems to be happier. It's hard to feel chirpy when you feel ill and have no appetite .. lol. Been busy meeting up with friends for lunch this week ... we had a grand time eating and laughing ... and then walking around a bit.

Today, I met up with my bunch of girlfriends that I have known since our US days .. when we all lived together on the air base .. we were happily reminiscing about our days there .. and the Mexican and Tex Mex food we liked to eat ... lol. We always went to this quaint, rustic place called Guadalajara ... it was sooo cheap .. a taco for US$2 or so .. and the taco was sizable btw .. sighhhhhh ... those were good times ..



It was so cool .. I would park right outside the restaurant :) -- it was located right next to some railroad tracks so it was really an out of the way place ... but my friends and I loved eating there :)







Lauren when she was a few months old I think .. 2 if I'm not wrong ..











-- heee heee .. Claudia, such a cutie pie :) ..

Yes, I am trying to make up for lost time (since I've been ill the last few weeks .. bummer) AND also squeeze in as much time with my girlfriends before Dec ... I know I"ll be stuck at home initially cos I have this policy about not taking the baby out within the baby's first month ... too many SICK people around ... plus, my philosophy is, town will always be there .. it can wait awhile .. when baby is bigger and not so fragile ... she'll be lugged all over town with me in her Quinny Buzz no less ... lol. I also have a habit of NOT using the breastfeeding rooms in the shopping malls cos most are disgusting or small or both ... I'm quite adept at breastfeeding discreetly and can do it almost anywhere ... the food court, some bench somewhere .. etc .. lol.

Please, if the malls have no decency to provide nice family rooms for us nursing mothers, I'll take my shopping money elsewhere ... LIKE ONLINE for instance .. or nice malls with NICE facilities for nursing moms ...

No comments: