Monday, July 14, 2008

Collecting your maid's work permit is a PAIN

IN THE ASS ... first off, the place is all the way at Keppel Road ... at the Tanjong Pagar Complex .. Secondly, you will not believe how crowded the place is with male foreign workers ... not that I am saying I am such a babe that they were all ogling me while I was there ... FAR FROM IT .. but the place actually REEKS of body odour.

I swear I nearly passed out there on the floor .. only thing stopping me was the fact that IF I had passed out ... 1) WHO would be able to life my heavy ass off the floor? and 2)The floor didn't look very clean ... Both were very compelling reasons WHY I SHOULD NOT PASS OUT RIGHT THERE ON THE FLOOR OF THE WORK PERMIT COLLECTION CENTRE last Friday.

LOL.

As it turns out, I didn't have the renewal notice with me ... I swore and cursed when the lady pointed out that although I had renewed my maid's work permit via the internet, I was supposed to STILL bring that renewal letter and have my maid and myself SIGN the back ... I hadsn't realized that there was signing to be done and so hadn't brought the darn thing with me.

So anyway, the lady told me to come back today ... Monday to collect the work permit. I was quite pissed off ... I had driven all the way there specifically to get the damn blasted thing, paid ERP at the Havelock Road gantry .. I had my maid's passport, the notification to collect the work permit, the insurance cert, my ic, what the hell was the problem? Is my maid's signature THAT important? GOOD GRIEF.

So, I deduced one thing .. renewing your maid's work permit online just achieves ONE thing. They take your money from you FASTER. You still have to do everything else. All you did was cut out ONE simple procedure .. which is PAYMENT.

Anyway, the minute she told me that I needed to come back with that stupid renewal letter all signed etc, I was out of there. I couldn't breathe properly by that time. The smell of unwashed bodies was frankly quite nauseating.

UGH.

Yes, it's Monday today .. I'm draggin my feet about collecting the blardy thing. I will update u all on my next visit to that dreadful place.

2 comments:

Meekfreek said...

Eeewww...can't quite decide what's worse...the smell of baked dog or the smell of baked foreign workers...and you're pregnant making it a million times worse. Why do you have to go down at all? Your maid can go down alone can't she?

The moron behind the counter was being typically civil service. She could have done it for you on the spot and spared you another visit I feel.

kristalangel said...

sigh. My maid offered but she has never taken a train before by herself AND the place is quite a distance from the MRT station .. you have to know where it is or else you'll be walking around the CBD area like a lost soul ..

I decided to make my hubby go on Wed when he gets back from Australia ... don't think I can tahan the place again.