Saturday, December 26, 2009

Santa loves me.

Yes he does. He brought me a camera for Christmas !! .. I initially wanted to buy a Canon EOS 500D for myself .. cos it's an entry level DSLR camera and since I ain't no pro .. I thought that would be more than enough for me. At the end of the day, I mostly take pics of my girls, my girls and yes, my girls. SO .. I was really shocked and surprised when hubby presented me with my gift on Christmas morning and I unwrapped it to find it was the Canon EOS 7D instead. Shocked because, up till a few weeks ago, he was dead set against me buying a new camera for myself. He had insisted that my current camera was more than enough.

As I had complained in an earlier post here, my camera is a Canon Powershot G3 .. it's like freaking 7 years old and is only 4 megapixels. *sigh* The rubber grip on the front of the body has disintegrated. Thing is, since I am quite careful with my possessions, the darn thing is still working perfectly fine otherwise. I haven't had to send it in for any kind of repair AT ALL in the 7 years I've had it .. and I've lugged it everywhere ... Disney World, Grand Canyon, up a mountain in Colorado Springs .. through cold winters (where the buttons actually became stiff for a bit in the cold) .. and it's still working perfectly.

sigh. And so the man refused to let me get a new camera.

I think we've had the argument a few times already and recently I had decided that I was going to get it and pay for it myself whether he liked it or not.

Guess he changed his mind and decided to get it for me instead. And he upgraded it to an even better model .. semi-pro actually, Now I am afraid of damaging the darn thing knowing he paid so much for it. And this was one of the reasons why I wanted to pay for it myself.

LOL :p -- it's like he can't win either way, huh? .. Get it for me, not happy. Don't get it for me, also not happy. WTH.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HAHAHAAA! Wah, you really kept it in good condition. If you hadnt mentioned it, cant tell it's 7years old! Lisa.