Sunday, December 13, 2009

Blardy hell.

We got a new CPU. It's a kickass one. SUPER fast and silent. We went down to Sim Lim and had them fix it up .. we just chose the individual stuff inside ... the memory, the graphics card, the motherboard etc. Hubby FINALLY got sick and tired of our DELL. I swear that thing, it's like freaking 5 years old or so .. and it's so slow ... u can start it up, go to the loo, make your coffee and bread and come back to sit in front of it, and it would've just started up. BUT, it was still ok for general surfing and emailing and stuff. But if you start playing Facebook games on it .. or try to open more than one application at a time, then woe to u. It can either hang or just move really slow. Like snail slow. lol !

SO now my new CPU is so super fast. I lurve.

Only thing is it runs on Windows 7. And because of the amount of memory hubby installed, he opted for the 64bit version thereby making a lot more of my external devices not compatible. BUMMER, man. Luckily, my printer and router were installed just fine.

And of course, I can't seem to find the driver for my camera anywhere ONLINE not even the Canon website. Now I can't download my pics into my PC. I would use a card reader .. but guess what? .. My camera is soooooooo ancient, it's using the now rarely seen Compact Flash card. yeap, blardy hell indeed. Now I gotta figure out how on earth I am going to retrieve my photos from the camera.

I TOLD MY HUBBY THAT I NEED A NEW CAMERA.

huh. Now I guess I have to buy one. I was looking at the Canon EOS 500D at Alan Photo at Sim Lim when we were there getting the new CPU ... but it was out of stock and he didn't have a definite date for me. He tried to get me to buy the Nikon D5000 instead ... but I prefer Canon :)

Will wait for stock to come in then go down and get it.

Yay, I can't wait.

No comments: