Wednesday, December 30, 2009

A new vac and a dry cabinet :)

For all of u looking for a vacuum cleaner, u need to consider this. Where can u buy the bags for the thing? I didn't consider that factor when I bought my last vacuum cleaner .. a Rowenta Balloon, and for 9 years ... (except for the 2 years that we were away) .. we had to go to some corner of Singapore where the Rowenta service centre was to get the damn bags.

What's the big deal, you ask? .. huh, when you're down to the last bag in the box, and you don't have the TIME time to drive down to get the bags from some out-of-the-way place, then you'll know what I mean. Ditto, if u have to send the thing in for servicing.

So this time around, I decided to get a vac which was either bagless OR if it uses bags, then to make sure that the bags were easily available at Courts etc.

I went with Electrolux this time around. And it's bagless. It's not really super silent, just average .. but I didn't want to spend more than $300 for a vacuum cleaner that my maid would be handling. Simple to use. Not too heavy AND it's NOT MADE IN CHINA. A lot of the stuff out there is made in China. My old Rowenta WASN'T made in China .. it was made in UK .. and see, it lasted 9 years. This new one is made in Hungary.

I remember when I first bought that Rowenta Balloon 9 years ago, my hubby was quite against it cos it wasn't cheap .. though I can't recall the price now (lol) .. but SEE, IT LASTED SO DAMN BLARDY LONG.

My old Rowenta hasn't died by the way. It's still alive, just that some parts here and there have broken off over the years .. and it's gotten really noisy. But it has served us well. Just that it is kinda a pain to have to drive all the way down to the CBD area just to get the bags (the office has moved a few times over the years). For Electrolux, the service centre is in Toa Payoh - not too bad.

Anyway, hope this new vacuum will last. I'm hoping for at least 3 years. That's all I'm asking for.

We also bought a dry cabinet for my 7D ... so now, the damn thing has it's own little glass cabinet that controls the humidity and temperature so as to protect the camera and the lens. And it's digital :) AWESOME !!

No comments: