Thursday, May 21, 2009

here's a decent pic of my Odyssey ..



So now I am left holding the Alpine touchscreen DVD player .. sigh .. it cost me $1388 just for that head unit. See when the dealer took our Stream, I removed all the extras since I had paid for it to be installed in there in the first place ... we replaced the head unit with a cheaper set though cos you can't have a hole where the CD player is supposed to be, and we couldn't remove the drop down screen cos, well, if they take it out, there'll be a hole there where they had to cut it to mount it. Anyway, that drop down screen didn't cost that much .. about $250 or so I think.

Anyway, now I am left with one Pioneer active subwoofer, an Alpine 6 disk CD/MP3 cd changer and of course, the head unit .. also Alpine. Gosh, I spent more than 2k installing those items in my Stream about 1.5 yrs back.

Bummer, man. Now I have to try and sell the stuff off .. *sigh* I've already had some inquiries for the items on Ebay .. I'm looking to sell the head unit (ie the Alpine touchscreen DVD/CD player for $800 and the other 2 for $200 each.

A friend asked me yesterday why I didn't just transfer it to my Odyssey ... told her the previous owner had spent WAYYYYYYYYYYY more than me on his speakers and subwoofer and amplifier and head unit ... lol .. that it was no point transferring mine over.

SIGH.

No comments: