Wednesday, March 11, 2009

un-freakin-believable ...

Better Vision obviously gets their soft toric contact lenses from Timbuktu ... must be cos even when I send my cousin stuff in the mail, it takes about 10 days to reach Den Haag in Holland. And that's with regular airmail via Singpost.

Better Vision's contact lens manufacturer probably is in Timbuktu and they send the ordered contact lens over to Singapore via camel then by slow-assed freight ship. It has to be ...

THREE WEEKS TO A MONTH?? Aw come on.

I was stupid to stick with them ... customer loyalty my ass. I should've scouted around and asked the other optical shops cos now, as I've just found out after callin up a few places today .. Spectacle Hut and Capitol Optical and Nanyang Optical all take about 3 days to a week to get toric contact lenses for their customers. At the most, 2 weeks, if it's OOS Capitol staff informed me.


I was fuming mad. It's not like the price difference was a lot. About the same. BUT for Better Vision, you wait till the cows come home .. oh, my bad .. I meant CAMELS.

Yes, I only have myself to blame .. and my blardy eyes. I have astigmatism hence the need for soft toric lenses instead of just regular contacts .. and my astigmatism is too high so I can't use monthly or daily disposable soft toric lenses .. Blardy hell,

Anyway, I called up Better Vision on Sunday (before I realized my mistake hence I wasn't angry yet at this point .. just agitated) to remind Joey (the lady who attended to me) to try and rush my order. She again informed me that it would be about 3 weeks .. I was really frustrated.

On Tuesday, I called up again .. this time I was already angry but since I didn't want them to purposely hold up my order (I want my contacts first THEN I'm going to do some yelling ... ) I decided to just get my details - my contact lens prescription as well as my prescription for my glasses ... cos I had already decided that this is the last time I am making my contact lenses and my spectacles there ...

I think either Joey realized this or the sheer thought of me BUGGING her up every few days till I got my contacts prompted her to say that she would give me a temporary pair of contacts to use till mine arrived. These were monthly disposable soft toric lenses .. same power BUT the astigmatism correction in these ones would be lower than my new permanent soft lenses since for disposables, these were the highest they could go.

Well, whatever. As long as I can drive and I don't look hideous, who cares about a little optical distortion ... LOL!

I rushed down this morning after dropping Lauren off to collect them (they were FOC - they better blardy well be .. damn cheaters) and quickly put them on ...

Yay !! .. I no longer have to HIDE !! And I can wear my sunglasses while driving again !!

I so can't wait till my new contacts arrive then I can at least tell them off and tell them that I'm never going back to them ... !!

No comments: