Sunday, March 8, 2009

So it finally happened ...

yea, yea .. so quite a number of my blog entries start off like that ... ie "So it finally happened ... " but it's the truth .. it DID finally happen ..

I washed my right contact lens down my sink.

Blardy blardy hell.

And while that in itself isn't such a big issue .. the real issue is that I have to wear my spectacles out in public till my new contact lenses are ready ..

which by the freaking way is in 3 weeks to a month's time ...

Damn it ... AND the new contacts cost me $320 .. money DOWN THE DRAIN, man ..

SIGH.

Back to my issues ... yes, I have a problem with wearing my glasses out in public.

Why, you ask?

Cos I look UGLY in them. REALLY. Thing is I can't drive without them, hell, I can't even SEE BIG OBJECTS in front of my face if I don't have them on. So now, I have to cancel all pending appointments and lunches with my friends and hideout at home till my new ones are ready.

Don't laugh.

5 comments:

Meekfreek said...

Sam,

You missed something in this post....the photo!

Goody said...

yea yea.. photo! keke..

considered lasik? i should be going for it sometime in may (hopefully) if my MO clears me by then.

kristalangel said...

hahahha you guys are too funny .. :p the only way ON THIS EARTH you'll see me in my glasses is if you happen to driving next to me ... lol.

ok la .. granted I had to drive to church today so people there already saw me in my glasses and didn't run off screaming .. and one of my friends saw me in them too when she brought her kiddies over to play .. but STILL .. I'm not going to plaster a pic of my ugly bespectacled face on my blog ..lol.

kristalangel said...

Goody,

ya I considered .. but dunno whether I qualify .. my degree damn high u know. Anyway, my friend who did it told me that I can't do it while breastfeeding cos of the meds they give u after the procedure.

WIll consider it AFTER I'm done breastfeeding in a year or so.

Eh, let me know when you're going for yours ...

Anonymous said...

Where got ugly? ok wahhhh. Alamak, I should have taken a picture and posted on facebook. darn. :P