Thursday, September 29, 2011

Waiting ..

U know, having an iPhone is a lifesaver. I don't play games on it but I love doing everything else .. Blogging, Facebook-ing, Instagramming & surfing. It keeps me sane cos now I don't have to be bored while waiting somewhere or when I'm breastfeeding.

I was at the doctor's clinic yesterday waiting for him to review my blood pressure which has been on the high side. I walked in alone and was pleased to find the clinic empty of any other waiting patients. Yay for me!

After registering, I sat down and started fiddling w my iPhone. I could hear that there was someone in there with the doctor. No matter I thought - after all, I would be the next one in to see him. How long could this patient take? The minutes went by. I looked up from my iPhone and asked the nurse. Is he in there with a patient? Cos I was feeling a bit pissed by then. I could hear laughing and chatting happening from the office. Blardy hell. How cheerful could a really sick person be, dammit.

The clinic assistant at the counter looked at me and told me that it was a sales rep that was in there. I knew it. No sick and dying person could possible be THAT chirpy. And I've never heard my doctor so HAPPY. I was suspicious.

True enough, when Miss Sales Rep came out of his office 10 minutes later, I knew why I had to wait damn long for my turn. Blardy hell. She was tall and slim, wearing a pencil think black skirt with a chiffony blouse and high heels and her wavy brown hair was artfully piled on her head. She also had lots of makeup on.

Gee, men are such suckers. It didn't look as if she was a sales rep for a pharmaceutical company, man (which is what she was apparently) .. I can think of something else she'd be selling and it won't be medicine. And get your mind out out of the gutter. I was thinking perfume or makeup. Lol.

Anyway, when I walked into his office, stupid man was still beaming from ear to ear. I had to stop myself from rolling my eyes. He may be a qualified DOCTOR but he is still just a man. Aw come on, DUDE!! - I wanted to say - She wanted to make a sale, u nitwit. Why do u think she was so nice? .. Cos, unfortunately, my doctor isn't what I'd define as good looking. On. any. planet.

So I had to keep my cool btw .. Cos I was there for a blood pressure review. No point getting exasperated just cos I waited close to half hour for the silly silly man.

My reading was high but it seemed to have gone down from the week before so I'm back to monitoring ... No medication. He feels it may be a post natal thing.

Next time, I'm not waiting around for him - high blood pressure or not. I have better things to do.

No comments: