Saturday, September 24, 2011

Insomnia ..

Heh. I'm not getting enough sleep. I think this past 2 weeks I've averaged 6 hours or so a night and finally early this week, I had a massive headache that lasted a whole day then was on and off for the next.

In any case, I also needed to get my blood pressure checked so off I went to my doc. He gave me meds to help w the headache and told me it was either stress or tiredness that caused it. Nothing to do with blood pressure. Oh well ..

That's not to say my blood pressure was and is ok. It's not. My mother and grandmother both have high blood pressure. And I had an elevated blood pressure for my last 3 pregnancies so my doc had previously told me that it's likely I will develop high blood pressure somewhere along the way .. And I am 37 (going on to 38 this Dec)

So I'm been monitoring my bp with my home bp monitor. Handy thing it is. He told me to moderate my consumption of salt which isn't so much of a problem for us since we don't add salt to our food at home AT ALL. I haven't been using salt for years. Once in a very very long while IF the dish is really tasteless .. But usually, no. No salt, no pepper and no msg added. And we refrain from deep frying. Usually, I opt for soups. And we have fish at least once a week. And fruits everyday. Of course, my lifestyle while hectic, is rather sedentary .. I don't exercise like I should ..

I'm fine if I have to take high bp pills btw. I'd rather that than get a stroke and die. I want to be around for my girls :)

No comments: