Monday, August 8, 2011

Idiosyncrasies

We all have them. Some have stranger ones than others. And it's nice to know that my hubby and I seem to share a couple of them. One of them is over parking.

Specifically, in my basement carpark of my condo. We have a favorite parking lot we like to park our Odyssey in. If course, it's a single lot and it's right next to the exit door leading to our lift lobby. And obviously, it's not just OUR favorite lot.A few of the other car owners seem to favour that lot too. For obvious reasons.

Dammit.

My direct neighbour who lives in the opposite apartment has chosen to be nice enough to always leave that lot empty for me. Cos he's retired and his car, just like mine, is mostly parked in the carpark most of the time. I appreciate it. I really do. He goes out to buy lunch etc and when he come back, he's never parked in MY lot. Can't say the same for the other neighbours of mine who compete with me over that blardy lot everyday.

It's basically a case of who gets home the earliest, gets the lot. Now for me, I'm always up and down ferrying the girls all over the over the place at all times of the day. And so while I'm parking in that lot most of the DAY .. Whether I get that lot OVERNIGHT is another story. It's largely dependent on which of my girls have whatever class on whatever day. I think currently, I'm losing my special lot every Thursday. Cos for sure, one of my other competitors arrive home while I'm gone. Man, I should CANCEL that class of Claudia's .. LOL. Or if I choose to meet a friend for tea .. and I arrive home after 5.30 .. there goes my lot. It doesn't stop me from going out and living my life, but I get mildly annoyed whenever I drive in and see MY lot occupied. And nowadays, it's this blue metallic BMW. Damn his soul to hell lor.

Things get more exciting on Friday. Cos for us, we usually don't go out till Sundays for church so it is nice if we had that lot for the 2 nights. Last Saturday, I had a sudden desire to eat pratas for breakfast and rushed out to go buy some .. Upon reaching the carpark, I saw that my Odyssey was parked in my favourite lot .. and so trudged back home .. sans prata of course. I had FORGOTTEN that I had managed to get my fav lot the night before .. I thought I was parked elsewhere. But seeing my car there in my fav lot .. well, then breakfast doesn't seem all that important ..

Eh, you wouldn't think it's sad if you were in this situation, man. My friend is experiencing the same thing in her condo carpark. Haha! So it's not just us. She told me that her hubby and her lugged 4 kids up the bus to a nearby mall on a Saturday .. Just to retain her favourite parking space. I was shrieking with laughter. I would have chosen to forgo the outing altogether. You won't see me on the bus with 5 kids man.

Ever.

Sent from Sam's iPhone :p

No comments: