Sunday, November 1, 2009

Entrapment ..

Some 2 weeks ago, at about midnight, hubby's phone beeped .. it was an incoming sms. I picked it up and read it ... it was from a colleague of his who was in Paris at the time on course and had sms-ed Stanley to ask if he wanted to get anything from there.

Specifically, he asked if Stanley wanted to buy a handbag for me cos it was way cheaper over there apparently. I read the sms and SNORTED to myself.

The next morning, my hubby calls from work and asks me "so how? do u want anything from Paris? Any handbag or something? Obiwan says the handbags there are cheaper .. some lady colleague on the same course bought a Miu Miu bag for 1.4k .. apparently the same model here is 2k" ...

Eh, do I look dumb? Of course I told him "it's ok - I don't want anything" ... It's plain suicide if I were to say I want for eg, the LV Monogram Canvas Gailliera ... lol !! I know my hubby ...

ENTRAPMENT. That's all I can say. He was waiting for me to say yes .. then I would've gotten an EARFUL about buying expensive handbags ... if I want to buy expensive stuff, I usually do it on my own without him knowing and preferably in cash (no paper trail). I wasn't born yesterday.

No comments: