Monday, November 23, 2009

Hubby is HOME !!!

The man is back ... yay!! .. For one thing, he brought us load of gifts .. lol ! .. And for another, he's back so HE can take the car for waxing this month .. hahahaha!! ..

Anyway, my other girlfriend, Mel .. whose hubby was on the same trip, informed me that she was going to fetch her hubby from the airport ... the man was being "manja" she said and wanted her to pick him up .. LOL !!! .. I had earlier told her that Stanley was taking a cab back from the airport (since taxi fare is claim-able ... and my gas isn't .. CHE) .. and she had told her hubby to get a cab back home too. But since he WANTED her to fetch him, she decided to give in and promptly asked ME to fetch Stanley too so we could meet up earlier for coffee or tea and catch up. LOL !! ..

So I agreed. Left the house at 10.30pm and drove to Terminal 3 and we had coffee at Ya Kun .. I quite like their kaya toast btw although it's kinda light .. I had four and it felt like a drop in a vast ocean of my tummy .. LOL !! ..

Calista was with me btw .. she was fast asleep in her stroller .. :) but of course, she was HOLLERING all the way from our house to the airport in the car. sigh.

Anyway, the aim of showing up at the airport to fetch Stanley was to surprise him since he was supposed to be taking a cab home .. but alas, the man with his excellent vision spotted me attempting to hide behind a pillar. Eh, it was a big pillar ok?! lol.

He was happy to see me even though he said I shouldn't have come :p cos it was so late and I had Calista with me ..

As we were walking back to the carpark, hubby asked "Eh, where did this stroller come from?" ... ah yes, my new stroller ... I laughed and said it was a good deal and he didn't scold me cos I think he missed me a lot and he was happy to see me .. HAHAHAHA !!! ..

Of course when got home, another surprise was waiting ... I had thrown out a couple of pieces of furniture that I had deemed to be ugly or old or just plain clutter - our coffee table and a little telephone table cum shoe storage thing (both from Barang Barang) .. and my teak chaise lounge. Now, the 2 items from Barang Barang were still fine but with the Little Tikes table and bench .. the coffee table was just in the way .. My teak chaise lounge too was in excellent condition .. well, the wood anyway since it was teak .. but it needed reupholstering .. I had asked around and for a 3 seater like mine, it would've cost $450 .. and frankly speaking, we don't have to the space to keep it.

With 4 kids, I'd rather the house be clutter free .. more space for them to play :) SO hubby came home to a noticeably neater and emptier hall. I had taken the opportunity to chuck those items out when he wasn't around cos he had objected to me getting rid of them .. he said they were perfectly usable so why get rid of them ? .. we had argued numerous time about it ... and finally, I decided enough was enough ... what can he do if I just go ahead and throw it out? ... lol .. of course, he complained and said he would've liked me to tell him before getting rid of things .. but why ask when you already know the answer? .. hahahah :) I did feel slightly guilty when I threw out those things but seeing my hall devoid of these items ... making it more spacious and neater was worth it.

Now ... hmmmm I think I need to change the curtains .. lol !! ..

No comments: