Thursday, November 5, 2009

My dog ain't no teacup yorkie ...

Isabel, my Golden retriever mix goes to the groomer, at least once a month to get her nails and fur trimmed .. and to get a nice bath too.

In between that, we bathe her here in our condo cos she needs to be bathed with some expensive medicated shampoo for some skin condition she has ...

I swear the shampoo costs more than my Head and Shoulders shampoo, man .. blardy hell. Lol ! 25 bucks a pop. And it doesn't even last a month since Isabel ain't teeny.

Washing her is like washing a Kia Picanto .. and no, we don't bathe her in our bathroom .. her fur will clog up the drain - we do it in the basement carpark .. where lots of residents wash their cars. They wash their cars .. we bathe the dog.

















It's back breaking and you swear and curse and perspire a lot while doing it. But it has to be done ... she needs her medicated bath every 4 days or so. It's actually hubby's responsibility .. but since he's away, guess who has to do it ... *blardy hell*

Anyway, I bathed her on Saturday .. took me a whole hour. She is really good and just stands there obediently while u scrub her and then hose her down ... but it's still tiring.

We also bought this pet dryer from the States that we use to dry her .. it's kinda like the hair dryer we use ... but this one doesn't give off any heat .. it just blows room temp air. It's really powerful .. we bought it online off the net and had it shipped from the States. Even with overseas shipping, it was still cheaper to buy the thing from there THAN HERE ... huh .. go figure.

So hubby says since I seem to be so pro at washing and bathing Isabel (he takes 1.5 hours as opposed to my 1) .. I should take over the job. Needless to say, there is not a chance in hell of that ever happening in this lifetime or the next.

Once the man is back, he's bathing the dog. I don't care if his back hurts. As long as it ain't mine.

No comments: