Saturday, March 23, 2013

Choices ..

If I ever had to choose between hair rebonding (and my new hair dresser says it will take 5-6 hours for my hair cos of the length and thickness) and watching a musical (2 hours and 45 minutes long), rebonding would win. HANDS DOWN. On any freaking day. No doubt about it.

The Hubby had received an email invite to watch Gypsy the musical at the Lasalle College of the Arts. The musical featured graduands (I thought the word is "graduates" but the program said "graduands") of BA(Hons) Musical Theatre.

The musical was 2 hours and 45 minutes long. I kid you not.

While the musical was really entertaining and certainly very good, no one can sit still for that long. No one. Ok, if you're at home sitting then lying on your bed and watching tv .. Then sure. Otherwise, it's really quite a feat. I walked out with a massive headache after the musical ended. The Hubby's back hurt. Lol. The last musical I watched was with Claudia a few years back .. Chitty Chitty Bang Bang .. That was awesome.

In other news .. I had my nails done again today. Ya ya, I know it's barely been a week since my last manicure. This time I went with gelish again. Love. Love. Love my nails.

Here are pictures of the musical and how near we were to the stage. The theatre had no cell reception. I idly wondered if they had a some kind of signal jammer (Yes, I watch too much of Nikita) at work cos the second I stepped into the theatre, my iPhone was like a black hole. No reception. 2 or 3G. It was blardy annoying. I was banking on playing with my phone had things gone south with all the singing .. But no such luck. Without cellphone reception, my phone was pretty much a camera and/or a weapon to smack someone with in the dark theatre. Cos I sure as hell couldn't CALL or text or surf on it .. Lol. I was asking The Hubby what if someone's Grandma was on her deathbed and people needed to remain contactable ? He wryly replied that people shouldn't be watching a musical if their Grandma was about to kick the bucket then.

Good point.

We got home past 11pm. I think that's the last musical we'll be seeing for the rest of our lives. Lol.

We enjoyed the night out though. And being together. Just that the next time, we'd rather catch a movie than a musical.

Never again a musical that lasts that long.









No comments: