Tuesday, March 26, 2013

FYI ..

In case you didn't know .. Before last year, I hardly went and had my nails done at the nail salon. Ok, never. Seriously.

The very first time I had them done was for that formal dinner we had to attend at the Istana. That was when I was pregnant with Charlotte. Heavily pregnant .. So it was end 2010. After that one manicure, I didn't go for the whole of 2011 I think cos I was busy with Charlotte.

That first time I did my nails, I was truly astounded at how they turned out. Truly. I've always had short nails. And I had a habit of biting my nails almost all of my life .. So it was hard for my nails to be long and so I didn't see the need to go and get them manicured.

After that first time, I would sometimes have long nails .. Most times not.

It was only about last year that I finally totally dropped the nail biting habit. Partly because I did want to have nice long manicured nails.

When I started going for manicures regularly .. It became more than just a "waste money" activity .. Lol. My toe nails looked nice peeping out from sandals. And I started valuing the time spent in the nail salon away from my kiddies doing something for myself.

Ok, admittedly it got out of hand. Lol. I now LOVE my manicured nails TOO much it seems. Haha! I count down the days till my next manicure. And I put a lot of thought into my NEXT manicure - what colour gelish I would choose.

I've also mastered the art of poking at the my iPhone virtual keyboard with my long nails and am getting less and less typos. Haha.

Ok, I know that a lot of women have relatively short nails. And still get them manicured nicely. I'm not most women. My nails are teeny. If I were to trim them short, they would look ghastly. I keep them long to make them look bigger. And not as weapons. Lol. I've become quite good at NOT stabbing my girls' eyes out. I hardly hurt anyone accidentally with my nails these days. That's quite a feat you must admit.

I leave u with a pic of my nails. Pretty aren't they?


No comments: