Tuesday, March 5, 2013

One of those days ...

Today is one of those days that I miss our days living in the States ... ah hell, who am I kidding? .. I miss the SHOPPING in the States .. hahaha! Brands that I immensely miss are Longaberger, Crate and Barrel, Williams-Sonoma and Pottery Barn .. just to name a few of favourite places to buy things from .. lol. There is also TJMAXX and Ross ... and though we have Payless Shoe Source here now ... the prices are NOTHING like the prices at the ones in the States ...

A good friend of mine used to be a Longeberger consultant ... they are sold like Tupperware here .. not at the stores but through a consultant .. and the minute I was introduced to the brand, I fell in love with the baskets. The Hubby was not only mystified by my fascination, he was stumped by the prices .. LOL! Ok, he was AGHAST is more like it.

I'm ashamed to say .. I did amass quite a collection of BASKETS .. yeap, baskets .. lol. They are, however, of extremely excellent quality and the ones I have and are using around the house .. they've not only lasted, they are still in wonderful condition ..  the thing about these baskets .. they come with separately sold accessories ... like a fabric liner .. and a plastic protector (to protect the inside and the liner) .. so essentially, to buy ONE basket, you end up buying 2 more separate items .. hahaha!

Anyway, here's a picture of a small basket I have on my table in my bedroom .. I love these things I tell you. Even in our heat and humidity, they have not become mouldy or cracked ... and every piece is HANDMADE in Ohio.

Ah ... those were good times ... living and shopping in the States ...





No comments: