Thursday, August 30, 2012

I had a plan ..

A good one it was too. My wash and wax package for my beloved Odyssey had expired and for awhile now, I was the only dirty vehicle on the road. I kid u not. People here take pride in having shiny ass cars whether it's a Kia or a BMW.

And my poor once shiny black Odyssey had been starting to stick out on the roads like a sore thumb. Hey, it wasn't my fault. Between the kids and my high teas and manicures .. Where on earth was I going to find the time to wash my own vehicle? Why wash on my own instead of renewing the package u ask? Cos it was gonna cost me more than 1k AND my husband told me if I choose to sign up for the package, I'd have to fork out the money myself.

Forget it. I'd rather wash the car myself. Easier said than done apparently. Lol!

The Hubby snorted upon seeing my cache of car cleaning products that I had acquired from a recent trip to the hardware store. And he quickly made it clear that he wasn't going to be involved in any way. I still got him a big yellow washing sponge. Haha. Just because I love him.

So, about 2 weeks ago, we headed to the gas station like we always do after church and lo and behold, they were running some promo and a family vehicle like mine could be washed for a mere 5 bucks !!! -- now at that point my car still hadn't been washed. And she was starting to look like a desert vehicle. Hahaha.

So come on, how could I not take up the offer? 5 bucks for 4 able bodied uncles to wash and wipe dry my Odyssey?? And all I had to do was sit in the vehicle? It was a no brainer.

So, I now have a shiny black Odyssey .. And my cleaning products which cost me some 50 bucks or so .. Still remained untouched on the hall sideboard.

Oh well. Guess once the promo for the car wash at the gas station is over, I will try to wash the darn thing myself. With gloves on. Wouldn't want to ruin my manicure.

No comments: