Monday, December 15, 2008

Another hubby story ...

Yesterday, while we were at Causeway Point, hubby saw some DVD sale happening in front of Cold Storage. He spotted this really old dvd title ..



Come on, I watched this in the cinema when I was like 6 years old I think. My father took us to see it ...
That's how old it is .. lol

Anyway, it was on sale for $14.90 so hubby happily bought it and declared that he was going to make Claudia (poor girl) watch it with him. SIGH. I pointed out that it wasn't really something a child would watch (cos it's a freaking 3 hour and 39 minutes long movie) and that she might not understand the story.

But of course, uncle claimed that he watched it when he was young .. NUMEROUS TIMES and that he ENJOYED the movie immensely .. and that he was sure Claudia would like it too.

Yeah, right .. sometimes I think he was born yesterday and doesm't know his own daughter.. lol!

So today after lunch, he made everyone sit down and put on the movie.
Initially, like the first 10 min, it was ok ... then it got a bit tedious. And there was a lot of dialogue ...

A lot ...

The only one watching the movie intently was hubby.
I had earlier announced to him that I was not going to sit through such a long and OLD movie and ran off to my PC to surf the net. Lauren, the poor girl, initially had 20 million questions like, "why did she put the baby in the basket?" .. and "Is she a bad aunty?" hahahahahaah. Then she got bored and ran off to play with Emily ...

Claudia tried her best to understand what she could .. my poor poor child. She did try to get away once or twice but was called back to sit and watch the movie by hubby .. the evil man .. lol.

It was a very long 3 hours and 39 minutes.

I am so going to HIDE that dvd in some cupboard.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: