Thursday, September 18, 2008

My life has returned to normal ...

Actually, it returned to normal by Monday .. the house was back to its pristine condition ... YAY! My maid got back on Saturday nite .. it was the happiest car ride to the airport to pick her up ... she had earlier smsed me to remind me not to forget .. and as I was reading the sms on my phone, I was SNORTING .. As if I'd forget .. I was telling hubby ... I've been counting down to her arrival back eversince she LEFT 2 weeks earlier .. lol.

She came back to not a mountain of clothes .. but a whole mountain range of them ... CLEAN clothes at least .. she methodically started ironing them and keeping them away much to my utter happiness ... I love my maid. She is WONDERFUL. I've had her working for me for the last 2 years plus and she is THE BEST !! I have no qualms about taking her everywhere with me .. to nice restaurants etc and before she left, I bought her daughter stuff and gave her most of Claudia's clothes which she had outgrown ... decent stuff from Osh Kosh, Ralph Lauren etc. She is really an asset to my family and all of us missed her dearly while she was away .. she telephoned me once when she was away and sms-ed me every few days to see how we were .. how sweet was that?

Of course, I took that opportunity to complain about my general suffering .. hahahahah ... and I wasn't LYING ok?!! I was dying .. I had the flu and pregnant and taking care of my 3 kids and the house and the dogs ... it was TOUGH. hahahahaha.

I will miss her when she goes home permanently in May after working for me for close to 3 years .. *sob*

2 comments:

Meekfreek said...

Sam...if you were in the US you'd be doing it all by yourself permanently so you've got to be happy you're living here in lovely Singapore!

kristalangel said...

hehehe .. you have a damn good point !! lol :)