Wednesday, January 18, 2012

I admit it

I cannot make it without a maid.

Yes, you laugh. I'm not. I am serious.

I just spent the last 2 hours of so cleaning up the kitchen and mopping and wiping wherever that needs wiping. And I STILL have a MOUNTAIN of clean laundry to iron and keep away. And mind you, I could only start at 11pm or so .. so there I was at midnight, washing dishes and wiping down the kitchen cabinets. I couldn't earlier cos with 4 small kids, someone is always either hungry or thirsty or needs a bath or a clean up .. and that's not including Charlotte who has been rather clingy lately. She frantically runs after me in the house if I walk away to do something ... screaming "mama! mama!" *SIGH*

I personally LOVE my house being neat and tidy and clean .. and while it currently DOESN'T LOOK neat and tidy .. cos I have been maid-less now for more than a week, it's frustrating for me. I can't wait for my new maid to arrive !! .. Should be before Chinese New Year !! ..

I have had pretty good and decent maids these last almost 6 years .. I had 2. And both were really wonderful helpers. A real asset. My girls loved them both dearly. So when it was time to get a new replacement cos my maid wanted to go back to her country to attend university ... we wished her all the best and sent her home just as 2011 ended.

Then my nightmare began. Ok, it wasn't THAT bad .. but there ended my lucky streak of good maids. I finally got a "bad" one.

Now before you think I'm some evil employer .. I'm not. I'm quite decent (lol) .. Anyway, I sent her packing back to the agency just after 9 harrowing days (yes, I'm being overly dramatic here) .. and have been winging it on my own ... The Hubby has been a BIG help (I love my man so) .. but of course, it's not enough .. I am out ferrying everyone around pretty much the whole morning till nearly 3pm .. so if I have no one at home cleaning up and getting food on the table ...we're pretty much screwed. No clean house and no lunch and dinner. Bummer. Then come evening time, we have a dusty messy house and no food and kids that need bathing and feeding and dogs too that need poo time and their meals as well.

*SIGH*

Yes, I can't make it without a reliable maid ... I admit!! I am a failure as a SAHM if I have to make it on my own with just the 4 small kids and only my darling hubby and Claudia to help (Claudia is a BIG help with babysitting AND dishwashing btw)

No comments: