Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Where would we be ..

Without modern plumbing and the toilet ?? Where ?? Every time I watch a movie set in times BEFORE modern plumbing and toilets, in this case, that Russel Crowe flick, "Robin Hood" which is showing on cable right now, all I can think of is that I'd DIE if I had to live in those times. Man, they used chamber pots I think, or they did it in the forest. I dunno man. I don't want to think about it.

Ewwww.

Or an outhouse when i watch a Western flick. And I am prone to having stomachaches at all times of the day. I cannot imagine creeping out to an outhouse at 2am to take a dump. Die la. Plus not like you can flush everything away. It's basically a hole in the ground .. I'd be too busy throwing up even before I come within a mile of the outhouse.

So yes, I am eternally grateful for being born in these modern times. Where I can flick a switch and the light comes on. Where the toilet is actually inside my house AND modern plumbing means I can shower and pee/poo at any time of the day and night. And have my iPhone playing music to boot. And there is AIR CON. Where would we be without AIR CON? Air con at home, when I sleep .. In my car .. At the malls. Eh, Singapore is blardy hot without air conditioning, come on.

So, if a time machine is ever invented, you won't see me rushing to go back to the past. No way. See the dinosaurs? No, thank you - so not interested. Not if I have to take a pee in the bushes. With my luck, it'd be some poisonous plant .. Lol.

No comments: