Monday, October 25, 2010

And now ... Shoes

So now that I've gotten the gown, I still need the shoes. And yes, it's already 1.22am Monday morning here and the formal dinner is tomorrow. Oh dearie me. Lol :p I'm really cutting it close.

And yes, have I mentioned that finding footwear my size here is like finding a needle in a haystack? I kid u not. I'm a size 10. And well, most ladies here are between a 5 to 8. Bummer. So far whatever shoes I've bought thus far are from either Marks and Spencers or from this European brand. Can't recall the brand now but suffice to say the 2 pairs I have from that brand were all 100plus each and those were the designs on sale. Sigh.

I brought quite a number of shoes back from the States with me but none match the gown I bought.

My friend who's a self-confessed shoe expert has appointed herself my shoe shopper later today. She warned me we might have to buy from On Pedder (please God, noooooo) and even joked about making me a Jimmy Choo convert. She has got to be kidding me. My Hubby will divorce me faster than it takes me to SPELL "Jimmy Choo". He will have a heart attack if I spend a small fortune on ONE pair of shoes. My absolute max is $250 for a strappy gold or silver pair of shoes. Ok, right??!!

Will keep u posted. Hope to high Heaven I find a pair. I seriously don't think my Tommy Hilfiger black high heeled clogs will go with that gown.


- Posted using BlogPress from my cool iPhone :p

No comments: