Friday, July 2, 2010

Why can't you drive like me?

Amazingly, that's what The Hubby said to me one day as we were driving (I was the one driving) to church.

Eh, WHAT THE HELL?!!

See, it's not that he doubts my driving ability. I have been driving for YEARS with NO accident at all. And I drove in the States when we were there ... bigger vehicle and I drove on the highways there in pitch black conditions (we were driving all night to get to Disney World, Florida .. took us freaking 28 hours of almost non-stop driving) ...

He just wants me to drive like him. Cos he is a control freak. A BIG OLD NUISANCE CONTROL FREAK.

And it's driving me INSANE. The Hubby has declared that he will not be driving from now on .. and that I, will be the driver at all times. Blardy hell. Blardy blardy hell. I tell you that man can nag and complain and generally make so much noise when I'm driving it's super super annoying.

Of course, our driving styles are different. And of course, he thinks I should drive like him. He thinks his driving style is RIGHT, AND THAT IT'S THE MOST WONDERFUL WAY OF DRIVING. Blardy blardy hell.

I tell you, most times when we get home, I have such an awful headache. And I bet my blood pressure shoots up too. Most times, we end up arguing in the car cos after a while, whether I agree on not ... it just gets to be too much and I end up telling him off.

SIGH.

I swear the man is going to kill me someday. Or me him. I have visions of fitting a "EJECT" button in my car for the passenger seat so that I can just press it and see him sailing through the air and landing HARD on the ground a few feet away from my car when he gets too much on my nerves.

I complain to my maid, I complain to my friends, I complain to the kids .. they all know btw that "Daddy is like that" and don't seem to suffer any ill effects from us sometimes bickering in the car .. hahah :p It doesn't ever get too loud, just me saying that he is such a nag and is giving me a headache then him responding that he cannot understand why I cannot accept his "tips and guidance" ...

Blardy man. Blardy blardy man.

No comments: