Saturday, July 31, 2010

The things people do ..

I was in my condo carpark about to get out of my car the other day when another resident who had just come down to the carpark unlocked his car and I heard his car SPEAK. Yes, it spoke. And not in English .. in Japanese.

Beats me what it said but I think it GREETED him .. it was in this trying to be sweet sounding lady's voice. Eh, it was creepy lar. And rather loud too. I can't imagine parking in the middle of the night at your carpark and hearing that instead of "teet teet" .. lol :p

And sure enough when he locked the car (he had come down to retrieve something from it) .. the voice bid him farewell (I assumed) as the car locked.

WTH!

Since it was a Honda saloon .. and I drive an Odyssey .. I can safely tell you now that it wasn't a standard issue car locking system. Why on this earth would you want a car locking system that SPEAKS instead of going "Beep beep" ?!!

It's the first time I've ever heard of such a thing. I mean, come on, it's not like the car is KITT from Knight Rider .. ah, that would be a car to die for. Not only does it speak when you lock and unlock it, it can have a conversation with you while annihilating your enemies on the road. Ah, what I could do with KITT as my car. I could blast those idiot drivers outta my way.

Anyway, the guy and I end up in the same lift and I was soooooo tempted to ask him WHY he had installed such an awful thing in his car. Did he need friends? Was it important to him to have his car greet him in Japanese?

Of course I didn't. He is a neighbour and he'd have plentiful opportunities to scratch my car if he felt that I was being rude.

Yes, after my yelling incident with the first floor neighbour of my block, I am more mindful about who I erm, become enemies with. As my Hubby says, "But he can SCRATCH our car, honey".

Lol :p

That first floor neighbour and I are now hostile enemies. Incidentally, he didn't yell at me. I was the one YELLING at him.

That will be story I will tell another day.

No comments: