Monday, June 28, 2010

and the hum drum of school begins ..

The one month June holidays are over. OVER. Today (Monday) in just a couple of hours' time, the horror begins. Yes, SCHOOL. For all you NEW moms with either toddlers or just ONE preschooler, PLEASE.

I have been doing this for YEARS ... and trust me, it sucks. lol :p Everyday, ferrying your kids up and down for school and various other activities like ballet and Mandarin class, it sucks BIG TIME. No matter what ANYONE says, life as a SAHM is no picnic. It's 24/7, and you're the designated chaeffeur for LIFE .. or at least till all your kids are outta of school. Which for me is like for the next million years or so. And there is NO REST, no HOLIDAY .. cos even when you're on holiday, your kids are with you ... negating the whole idea of a holiday ANYWAY. lol :p Thing is, I love my girls too much to want to leave them behind .. I'd probably worry sick. So Hubby and I decided long ago that the only holidays we'll ever take is with the kids .. :)

So anyway, I'm spending the last couple of hours before my life is over to just chill and surf the net. Before I have to turn in .. and then in a couple of hours' time, get up to start the whole school routine again. Mind you, my kids don't feel my NEGATIVE feelings towards the routine. I am careful to sound positive and cheerful so as to get them excited about school and all that comes with it. I love that they learn things and have their friends there. It'd just be SUPER if they could drive themselves there and back everyday. lol :p

I enjoyed having the girls at home with me this June. Oh, they do and they did bicker, but it's usually over fast and doesn't happen that often. They play well together though and can sit and play and watch tv together .. or eat together and enjoy each other's company. That makes me happy that I have the 4 of them .. even Calista is joining in now .. so she is seldom glued to me ..

ahhhhh school. dammit.

No comments: