Saturday, February 20, 2010

We finally took the plunge ...

and got ourselves a wireless keyboard and mouse for our spanking, new kickass PC. We had gone to the shop and had the guys construct one based on our specifications .. we mostly got the high end, new and fast stuff and had Windows 7 installed as well. Our PC now rocks !! It is super fast and efficient and very silent. We didn't just construct ANY PC .. Stanley had consulted the IT dept at work and had gotten their advice. We didn't want a poorly put together CPU. We wanted one that was FAST. And now we have one. And Windows 7 is an awesome OS. Seriously. Now while I love the Mac OS anyday and will agree with anyone that it is more intuitive and stable than the Windows OS ... the world is more Windows-friendly. UNFORTUNATELY.

Anyway, it's not that we have never considered getting a wireless mouse and keyboard before .. but I remember years ago, when it first came out, the blardy thing was super expensive!! Ridiculously so too !! I'm not paying more than a hundred bucks for a keyboard and mouse .. UNLESS it's made of gold and encrusted with diamonds ... lol !!

So anyway, we were at the computer shop at our nearby mall and we were lookin at the choices available and the prices have fallen A LOT. We got a pretty nice one .. from Logitech .. at guess how much? ... 50 bucks .. !! And with the wireless mouse too ... it was sold as a set !! And it was a cinch to set up .. YAY!!!

I love the wireless mouse and keyboard .. it means that I can now place the keyboard anywhere .. on my lap for example ... and it's so light and thin too!! ... I am not limited to being right in front of the screen ... and I can finally put the mouse out of Calista's reach when I'm not using it .. the keyboard too !!

No comments: