Friday, February 26, 2010

I am about to have a meltdown

The weather here is really awful. Don't be fooled by the weather u read on the Yahoo! Weather website which claims that the average temperature in Singapore is about freaking 28 degrees celcius. Who are they trying to kid? Poor unsuspecting prospective tourists I suppose.

In actuality, it's more like 31 degrees and above. I kid u not. It's hot and it stays hot the whole damn day perhaps only cooling down at about 3am or so. There is no need to pack a cardigan or sweater or jacket if you decide to ever come here. Instead pack all your summer stuff and a small folding umbrella.

I am seriously tired of the horrendous weather here. U can't do anything outdoorsy at all without ending up tired and drained. Forget about walks in the parks here. Even on days when I bring my girls to the zoo, we go in the early morning and try to exit the zoo by 10am cos by then, the sun is blazingly hot.

I've been so irritable the whole afternoon cos of the heat. I contemplated switching on the air conditioning but electricity ain't cheap here either. Sigh. As it is now, my water and electricity bill amounts to some S$350 a month. Sigh.


- Posted using BlogPress from my lovely, wonderful iPhone

1 comment:

Meekfreek said...

I agree. The weather is awful. I can't take it and have been using my aircon day and night with the ceiling fan on as well.