Tuesday, October 6, 2009

My happy weekend ...

*sigh* ...

I fully admit I love shopping. While I do enjoy window shopping, there's NOTHING like BUYING things to add to all the other stuff you already have at home .. lol !

And yes, I love a good bargain. You don't get that a lot here. Here the prices are marked up before they are marked down during a sale. It's horrible. I love shopping while I was in the States ... u get good bargains all the time. There was this one time, the departmental store in our town, Dillards had a massive clearance of their ladies' shoe dept. It was AWESOME. My friend and I almost went into a frenzy .. I think I bought more than 10 pairs of shoes including 2 pairs of BOOTS .. lol !! .. One ankle high and another pair, knee high .. this was AFTER winter so they were going for guess how much ? ... US$14.99 EACH !! Both by the brand Mudd ... really well made. Still have them .. aw come on, I think I would get LAUGHED at wearing them here in sunny Singapore. *sigh* My friend and I visited that shoe dept in Dillards everyday for a few days straight cos they were clearing out everything and we didn't want to miss a thing. My friend picked up a pair of Cole Haan pumps which unfortunately were too big for her and too small for me .. we sat there for a full 10 minutes wondering who on earth we could buy them for .. but seriously, how many of us can actually say we know what size shoes our friends wear? .. lol !!

So yes, I love good bargains ... and last week, an ad in the paper caught my eye. Shoehaus was having a clearance sale at Orchard Plaza .. I remember walking into their store at Suntec some years ago ... their shoes were nice .. from Germany, but expensive .. all at least $160 and above. What I liked about them was that they came in BIG sizes .. My shoes size is 10 (US) .. and it is a PAIN shopping for shoes here. For the longest time, I could only buy shoes from Marks and Spencers and the brand Rockport from World of Sport cos I couldn't find shoes in my size ANYWHERE ELSE. Even the branded ones went up to max size 8 or 9 but the cutting would be on the small side. These days, it's much better cos I can just buy online .. and I still have a TON of shoes that I brought back from the States that I haven't gotten around to wearing .. lol.

ANYWAY ... we went down to Shoehaus and I got 2 pairs of leather sandals ... AWESOME !! They are so comfy ... one is a Josef Seibel pair and the other .. Romika and they were going for so cheap ... 70 bucks per pair !!!! .. I was really happy !! ..

sigh. I love shoes ... GOOD shoes.

2 comments:

Meekfreek said...

Ok, I can understand your excitement. Size 10 would not be easy to come by. Most international brands do make your size its just that they don't bring them to SGP. I bought a pair of really, really nice shoes in Tokyo. Burberry Blue Label. They were size 5 and I deluded myself that they fit and that the size 5 in Japan was the same as the size 7 in the rest of the world cos they told me it was their biggest size! When I got back to SGP...and reality, I realized that size 5 in Japan is the same as size 5 in the rest of the world.

kristalangel said...

hehehe! Size 5?!! wow that's tiny. Claudia is already a ladies' shoe size 6. I fear she has indeed inherited my BIG FEET. darn.