Wednesday, September 30, 2009

To give or not to give ...

My maid is 19. And her eating habits are worse than my girls.

She doesn't eat ANY vegetables or fruits. Not even durians. She claims that she's allergic to seafood too. I'm not so bothered by the seafood thing. More prawns and crabs for me I say. But the no veggies and fruits thing .. now that bugs me to hell.

My 3 year old eats vegetables. Well, not ALL vegetables .. but some. And she LOVES most fruit we give her. Claudia and Lauren also take fruits and vegetables.

But here, we have a fully grown woman refusing to eat ANY ...

sigh.

She likes chocolate though. And she doesn't take tea or coffee. So she drinks Milo .. I'm fine with it since it will give her energy to do housework. I just thought it was rather kiddy-ish of her to prefer to drink Milo than tea or coffee.

Anyway, I've been toying with the idea of getting her Vitamin C pills. If she doesn't take any fruits or vegetables .. then how is she going to get her Vitamin C (for starters) ? .. No Vitamin C means she's likely to fall ill ...

And I don't want that. So, I'm going to get her Vitamin C so she can at least get the recommended daily dosage.

Yesterday, she lost her condo access card. I was quite upset ... I didn't scold/yell at her ... (not my style with my maids) .. but I nagged. I asked her how on earth did it get lost and I told her that the next thing she better NOT lose are the housekeys. And that I will not be replacing her access card .. she can stand at the gate and buzz the bell and ask the guards to release the gate lock. While I understand that it was an accident that the card in a cardholder fell out of her back pocket, my previous maid, Khalimah .. held onto that card for 3 years and didn't lose it. Newbie took just 5 months to lose it. She could tell that Sir was really agitated about it and that she would've gotten hollered at had I not been there. And she would've deserved it .. really careless of her, I felt. CLAUDIA who is all of 10 years .. has yet to drop things outta of pocket like that.

dammit.

1 comment:

Meekfreek said...

Well, for one, your maid is still a teenager and she's not supposed to be working here. However, 19, she is an adult and it's up to her what she eats or doesn't eat. It's up to you but I wouldn't be buying my maid vitamins because she has chosen not to eat properly. That's her own business. If she is not healthy and poses a health risk to my family I'd just get a new maid. If I wanted another child I'd prefer to have one of my own rather than import a grown one from Indonesia/Philippines.