Tuesday, September 8, 2009

disappointed ...

Drove to town to meet up with my friend for lunch today. We met at the new Orchard Central.

Gotta say, man ... there is nothing nice there. Well, what I saw of it. I don't think I'll be walking in there again .. well, maybe to have lunch at Quiznos .. which is what we did today. I love these sub shops .. when we were in the States, and pregnant, I would eat Subway sandwiches almost everyday .. lol !! I would share it with Claudia but get different toppings for each half cos I'd order olives and jalapenos that she didn't like eating ..

And on Sunday, hubby and I with the girls took a stroll down Clarke Quay and also visited the other Central .. that is also another hopeless place to visit - Central I mean .. NOTHING to see there.

I haven't been to Iluma .. but I have my reservations. ION Orchard is so-so .. not a place you'd visit ALL the time .. especially for moms like myself with kiddies in tow. Give me Takashimaya or Suntec or Vivocity anytime !!! .. lol.

2 comments:

phoenixbabe said...

OH!! I heard from a friend who just returned from Sg, they said Orchard Road now very different, got a no. of new buildings!! And now I read this.. LOL so funny.. no point going hor.. cos got NOTHING. :)))))))

And i can tell, you MIIIIIZZZZZZZ USA. Oh , I also like Subway ie. Flatbread with Oven toasted Chicken Breast!!!!!! Yippies! I am hungry now!

kristalangel said...

it's not THAT different ... for those of us FROM HERE, it's still the same .. just that the new additional malls have opened ... but like not that great leh ...

ION is right smack across from Borders and it looks huge and grand. BUT the stores inside ION a lot those type of LV type stores that u can't just walk in and buy stuff anytime ... where got so much mooolah ??!!! lol !!

Orchard Central ... also not nice leh .. I haven't been to Iluma .. that's at Bugis Junction area. I don't think it'll be that nice too leh.