Monday, August 3, 2009

Scraping the bottom of the barrel ...

yes, we have hit rock bottom.


out of sheer boredom, we drove to Singapore Expo on Sunday after church (we had lunch at the airport first though) .. to see the SKC Dog show.


sigh.


Yes, we have run out of things to do. Anyway, my friend was there with her puppy .. a little Yorkie and I thought it'd be nice for the girls to see other dogs. The girls did have fun looking at other people's doggies .. and there were PLENTY of them there ... nice ones too .. small ones and huge ass ones. I bet those generate GINORMOUS piles of poop. EW.


I say it now ... DON'T get a dog. A dog is a lifetime commitment and responsibility ... and they take up quite a bit of time and money.


My girls love our dogs. Yes, PLURAL. We have 2 dogs. Isabel, we brought back with us from the States .. she's a Golden mix and Kimmy, our Maltese, we got when we returned cos we though Isabel would be lonely.


Although I bathe Kimmy once a week ... and hubby bathes Isabel once a week too .. we still have them sent to the doggy groomer once a month to be groomed ... nails cut, fur trimmed etc. And because we are firm believers that feeding premium dog food will result in better health, my dogs eat good food.


Kimmy actually has to eat prescription food from the vet cos she's susceptible to gallstones ... she had surgery a year back to remove some teeny gallstones in her bladder and the doc informed us that it might recur. blardy hell. anyway, so far so good and the prescription food helps with her skin as well.


So anyway, yes .. having dogs is troublesome. While I do love my dogs and treat them well, I usually advise people NOT to have any. Especially if they have kids. Or are planning to.

Anyway, back to what we did on Sunday, ... we went to IKEA Tampines after that. That life-force sucking place ... I ALWAYS spend money there. Why? Why? Why?

So that was how we spent our Sunday. We need new lives. Seriously. Or at least an overseas posting again .. I'm dying to go back to the States.

No comments: