Saturday, August 22, 2009

Frustration ...

While my new maid isn't lazy or anything, she has zero organizaional skills. ZERO. She has no clue and no initiative to say, clean up and organize cupboards. So imagine my horror, when I opened my girls' wardrobe and saw the state it was in. Everything was more or less hung with no sense of anything. They were not hung according to length, type or even whether it was Lauren's or Emily's. I could see Lauren's school uniform just hanging in between some party dresses and such.

sigh. It's only been THREE months and my cupboards are fallin apart ... not literally, but the stuff inside. She cleans and cooks and irons fine .. except for minor stuff here and there .. but she won't do anything extra unless tasked to. One thing is mainly, she seems to have no time .. ah, that's another thing she has ... BAD TIME MANAGEMENT. really bad. She's always rushing to do this and that. I don't know why cos my previous maid had tons of free time to sit down and play with my girls. Newbie can barely get things done and at the end of the day she looks frazzled and tired. While I do pity her and try to cut down on her chores ... the basic stuff still has to be done.

My maid is lucky I am not the screaming sort. I have never yelled at or hollered or screamed at ANY of my maids. I consider it counterproductive. Yes, I feel like doing it but I don't. I just nag and remind and nag and remind till the cows come home. And I look resigned. This is just with my new maid. My previous maid was SuperMaid. Never had to remind or nag her about anything.

My previous maid used to tell me that if I ever decided to yell at a maid in my big ol' voice, the maid would pee in her pants (this was when she heard me yelling at my dog one day) .. hahahah !! This was of course after a few years with me so she could speak plainly to me ... I have never had any need to yell at anyone except my hubby and kids. Ah that group of people, I yell at a fair bit of time. Not really hubby though unless he yells first when we argue then I just holler back out of anger and retaliation. The kids I do too once in a while if they're really naughty and won't listen to reason. Actually, I mostly just raise my voice. Not really scream or yell.

Anyway, I'm taking the opportunity to use the cupboard cleanup to also look through my girls' stuff to chuck out stuff they've outgrown or stuff that looks either drabby or worn or I just don't like anymore.

What a way to spend my Saturday afternoon. Blah!

2 comments:

Meekfreek said...

hur hur hur....welcome to my world dear...you mean ur previous maid used to keep your gals wardrobe all neat and organized? Trust me, that takes a college degree ok...I do that MYSELF as I do have a degree! I also do my own stock check of things that run out cos my maid thinks it's ok to have no bread, milk or diapers left and I repeat myself in a monotone voice countless times to get things done. When my maid puts away my shoes she doesn't even clean the dirt off them before putting them back in their boxes. No common sense so I need to tell her these simple things....and mine doesn't even cook! However, mine does play with Isabella...or rather Isabella makes her be a horse and rides her around the house cos wer're not about to do that. The blur maid will simply do it and even let her put a blanket over her to use as a saddle. So she's sweating under the blanket and the weight of a 12kg girl on her back crawling around the house. If she's not going to do anything about it like play with something else (very easy to distract a 2.5yr old) I'm not going to say a word. I must blog about the roof experience....it's quite hilarious.

kristalangel said...

hahaha .. Lianne ... farnee right? everyone I know has told me that ... that NOW I know what a normal maid is ..

ya, my previous maid will keep all my cupboards neat and tidy. In fact, the first few weeks she was here, she organized every single cupboard in my house. so she KNEW where everything was.

No such luck with my new maid. Ask her ANYTHING and the answer is "I don't know"

sigh

eh, blog about the roof experience leh. hahahah. I want to read abt it.