Tuesday, January 20, 2009

I need an large LCD screen above my car...

so that I can tell other drivers exactly what I think about their awful driving and not just flash/honk/gesture rudely to them ...

sigh

I had tea at Centrepoint with a girlfriend yesterday .. On the way back, just outside Centrepoint .. well, around that area, a bus was trying to force his way out of the freaking bus lane ... and coming inches within in my side mirror. Of course, I honked. IN CASE HE DIDN'T NOTICE THAT HE WAS ABOUT TO HIT ME ... (yeah right)

He continued inching towards my car .. eh, come on, . there was no way to give way cos nobody was moving since it was a red light ahead (we were slightly near the Meridien) ... but UNCLE continued to move his bus into my car .. HE should've either waited for me to go past then try to get behind my car (when the lights turned green) . -- since he was already almost next to my car, i have to completely stop if I wanted to give way to him .. but noooooooooo, uncle decided to do things this way .. of course, I honked at him like there was no tomorrow .. hahahaha.

In any case, he purposely accelerated and barrelled his bus right out out of hte laneto get in front of me (when the lights turned) , nearly taking out my side mirror .. (na bey) .. and as he propelled the bus into the lane next to mine (effectively cutting across from the bus lane to the 3rd lane), I realized it wasn't an SBS bus but one of those Hippo buses ...

It's not like I wouldn't have given way to him had he lifted his hand out of the bus window . I do all the time when other drivers are courteous .. but when they are thuggish .. and threaten to take out my side mirrors .. it's irritating, man .. and I don't like giving way to people like that.

as we I drove up right next to him, I glared at him and lifted my hand as if to say "What the hell, man?!" and he was also busying thumping his chest with his palm as if to say .. "Wa, I so scared you honk me!" ... ok, I lost it and rolled down my window to gesture rudely and mouth the words "STOOPID" .. but since I was in the turning lane .. (the shared lane .. lane number 2) and he was going straight .. his bus moved off first before I had a chance to ..

My friend was in my back seat .. laughing cos she's never witnessed me err, doing things like this. hahahahah :)

Actually, I've always thought it was a bad idea to have that bus stop so near the junction that goes to the CTE .. cos then SBS buses which are NOT turning left have to come out of the bus lane to at least the next lane to avoid being in that left-turn only lane ..

1 comment:

Meekfreek said...

Sam, no need for LCD screen already...you've got 2 perfectly good middle fingers that can be seen very clearly. Please use them generously.

Also, no need to mouth "stoopid" to this guy as I'm sure he already knows he is. And if he doesn't, everyone else does!