Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Heartless

So.

I already feel self conscious wearing sundresses. Not that I hunch my shoulders  or anything like that. I'm just aware that I am not slim. More so wearing a dress.

I was at a restaurant with some friends of mine. We were discussing what we wanted to order and had decided on the pasta.

Lo and behold, this stranger, decided to be helpful and let us know that the pasta was not a huge serving. And that it might not be enough for me. Yes, he said that. And he looked directly at me. Plus, my lunch companions were on the tiny side so.. 

Sigh.

I was mortified. See what I have to deal with? People look at me and think I must eat a mountain of food.

I politely informed him that it was fine and  later ignored him when he tried saying something else.

I'm sure he thought he was being nice. Or maybe not. Whatever. While I'm not the type to cry over such an incident, it doesn't mean I was not embarrassed by it. I just try to not let it bother me too much.

So I'm not pretty or slim. I know that. I'm finally trying to be ok with my size. That's why I'm trying to wear other types of clothing besides the stuff I'm comfortable with. Like dresses. Especially sun dresses. I like feeling the sun or air con on my bare shoulders. I'm sorry if my not-skinny arms offend you. Don't stare at them then. Or that my butt is huge. Look away. Lol.

OR I could just maybe, get bigger sized friends. Lol.

No comments: