Monday, April 28, 2014

Just An Illusion

Yes, it seems like it .. an illusion - because I won't be getting a manicure and pedicure ANYTIME soon. Damn it to hell.

2 weeks ago, I slammed the bathroom door on my little finger, accidentally, of course. Right where the nail and cuticle is .. It bled and was swollen for a week. So I delayed my trip to the nail salon. Germs and all that .. Yes, I am a paranoid-about-germs-disease type of person. Yes, I see them sterilizing the equipment they use with UV light .. but no way was I going to let them near my hand  with an open would. I am not that desperate for nice nails.

So today, with the stars all being aligned and all .. I FINALLY had time to rush down to have my eyebrows trimmed AND do my nails. My toenails were really starting to look like talons .. not a pretty picture I assure you.

So, after picking up the girls .. I HAPPILY drove to the salon.

I parked and got out the car. I walked a few steps and as I stepped up on a kerb, my foot slipped. Thankfully, I didn't fall on my ass or knees .. BUT DAMN IT ..

I scraped my ankle on the side of the concrete kerb.

*SIGH*

There was blood .. there was pain .. there was general cursing at the kerb and the world in general.

And no, I'm not usually clumsy. I may have to rethink that about myself now though.

I tell you the stupid scrape stung like hell. I managed to walk normally to the beauty salon to get my eyebrows done. What?! I was already there and paying for parking. I knew I wouldn't be able to get my manicure and pedicure done NOW .. since they have to soak your feet in water .. and I didn't want my open wound in that .. not when 20 million other feet have been in their basin thing.

I tried not to hobble .. made it to the salon .. had my eyebrows trimmed then drove home. I had some things to buy .. but I had this sudden need to rush home and disinfect my wound .. visions of my foot being amputated and not being able to drive made me drive faster home .. LOL.

Here's a pic of my scrape. Eh, it feels worse than it looks ok?!

Guess I'll have to wait a week or 2 to do my nails .. 


No comments: