Thursday, September 13, 2012

The Hubby is trying to kill me

This I know for sure .. During the one week school holiday, the man was on leave for the last 2 weekdays - Thursday and Friday. He opted to bring us all for a walk. No, not a walk. More like a hike. And once again we weren't prepared. The girls were in dresses and I was in my new pants. Yoga pants .. (not that I do yoga mind you .. I just like the pants cutting) .. And FitFlops. With my handbag. Apparel I can assure you is not suitable for traipsing around in the jungle.

Anyway, we went for the HSBC TreeTop Walk. It was tough for someone like me .. you know, erm, not skinny and more of a air-conditioned mall roaming person.

The hike was tiring. There were steps and slopes. And some parts, I had to carry Charlotte who isn't lightweight either .. Blardy 11.6kg.

When we finally reached the bridge .. It was really very pretty. I wouldn't say it was worth the hike up but it was lovely. Then the worst part came .. Getting back down. I swear I almost just threw myself on the ground and told my kids to go on without me. Hahahaha.I think I made my kids push me up slope at some points .. hahaha .. good times. I told them, it was either they push me or leave me behind. Claudia and Lauren dutifully obliged.

And towards the end on the way down, Charlotte fell asleep in the sling. She became DEADWEIGHT. Bugger baby.I don't know she could sleep in that humidity ...

Anyway, we all really had fun hiking with Daddy .. And spending all that time together. Here are some pics.

We went to Upper Pierce Reservoir first ... love this pic
Here we are about to start the walk ...
This was a LIE .. it wasn't 300m to the TreeTop walk ... A LIE !! 
FINALLY !!





Daddy with his littlest girl
Love this too !
 
 

No comments: