Monday, June 8, 2009

A twisted right ankle ..

damn it. I really can't wear heels which are too high .. even WEDGES. How retarded is that? I twisted my right ankle on Sunday while we were at Raffles City and now I can't walk properly. I'm hobbling around.

so unglam to hobble. Not that I am damn glam to begin with .. but hobbling looks awful.

When I twisted my ankle .. we were at Level 3 of Raffles City .. at the FP fair. The girls were playing with the toys and I was walking around .. suddenly, my right ankle twisted and I nearly fell ... thankfully the cashier counter was right next to me at the time so I held onto it for dear life .. I saw stars and nearly passed out from the shooting pain in my foot. There was actually nothing for hubby to do except to stand next to me and pat my shoulders confortingly while I stood there trying not to cry .. lol .. yes, it was hurting very badly when it happened ..

Our car was parked at Suntec and we still had stuff to do .. so I suffered till nearly evening .. I refused to hobble outright .. and insisted on walking normally .. (LOL) .. I took small steps .. my friend said she would've just taken off the shoes and walked barefoot ... but she knew I wouldn't .. and I didn't, preferring to suffer till we were on the way home a couple of hours later.

Shopping for groceries at Carrefour has never been more painful. I had trouble remembering what I needed to buy cos I was preoccupied with the pain in my ankle .. and sure enough, my final bill came to a mere $400 .. a far cry from the usual $800 .. well, at least I bought the essentials like diapers and milk formula and rice.

When we finally sat in the car .. I was about to DIE. Upon reaching home, I collapsed on my bed and hubby rubbed my foot and ankle and after applying deep heat .. he wrapped it tightly. I was convinced that I would be a temporary invalid for days ... if not weeks. lol.

After a night's rest, I'm still hobbling somewhat .. and had to cancel our buffet lunch with Haslynda .. (damn it) .. cos while my ankle is much better than yesterday .. it's still slightly swollen and I can't really walk properly. I was worried that I would have trouble stepping on the accelerator and brake so I opted to stay home and asked her to come over instead.

Of course, I'm totally blaming the shoes.

No comments: