Monday, June 29, 2015

Touch The Sky - Hillsong UNITED

While I'm the first to tell you that I am generally not a deeply religious person, I do enjoy listening to all kinds of music .. and I absolutely LOVE this one by Hillsong United. Yes, it isn't a pop or rock song. Lol.

Surprisingly, I can name quite a number of Christian songs that I enjoy listening to and singing along with.

Have you listened to "Touch The Sky"? Have a listen.

Although I do love listening to current songs .. funnily enough, my taste in music can be rather eclectic .. on my iTunes "Purchased Music" playlist .. I have Daddy Yankee's "Limbo" which is Latin Urban music, then "Touch The Sky" which is Christian .. then a Hindi lovesong "Kal Ho Naa Ho" .. haha! Then that's followed by an acoustic rendition of One Direction's "You and I" and the Pitbull and Ne-yo's "Time of our lives" ... hahahah. The Hubby just thinks everything I listen to is noise. HA! That's because he is stuck in the damn 70s and 80s. What the hell. Ok, to be fair .. I just purchased Olivia Newton-John's "Magic" on the iTunes store. LOL. Man, that song brings back memories ... of that awful movie, Xanadu, .. the song was off the soundtrack. That song was released in 1980!! That sure was a long long time ago. I remember the song and the movie .. even though I was 7 years old. I've always loved listening to music. Got that from my Dad I guess. He had records and he liked playing them .. I listened to the Bee Gees, Jackson 5, Olivia Newton-John, Cliff Richard from a very young age.

So I grew up listening to music. It soothes me. I love listening to it. It always makes my day better.

Guess that also explains my recent falling in love with zumba. On top of the fact that the music is so darn catchy, it appeals to my eclectic taste in music. A lot of the songs aren't even in English but that doesn't stop me from enjoying them.



No comments: