Thursday, May 26, 2011

Sadness

When a good friend misunderstands a text message and lashes out at u in vulgar language .. It's pretty traumatizing I discovered. I was upset and cried on and off the whole day. Didn't think a simple "F*** OFF" would sting so much but it did I guess coming from someone I considered one of my closest friends, it hurt more.

It didn't help that I clarified my text and pointed out that it had been rather rude of her to say that and that I was hurt. She instead focussed on the fact that I called her rude and proceeded to rant on and on .. I was stuck. I knew she wanted me to admit to something I hadn't meant. So it's a case of damned if I do, and damned if I don't. I was kinda floored actually. How a simple "How are you feeling today" text got blown outta proportion was v surreal. I had expected the standard, oh ya I'm very busy today .. The weather is a killer .. kinda answer.

After thinking about it the whole day .. I realized the friendship was over. I was saddened immensely that she felt it was ok to tick me off in that kinda harsh language. And while I could choose to brush it aside, and not be petty as some may think it is .. Erm, I feel it's signaling to that person that her behavior is acceptable. We aren't teenagers. She's in her mid 40s. And not a fishmonger's wife. Plus, I think this was the first time I read a phone text and almost burst into tears. Man, I won't be able to get her harsh words out of my head for awhile.

I love my friends especially my closest ones. I have no problems with us having differing points of views and opinions. Everyone has their own mind. I love my friends for it. I don't want friends who agree with all that I say. That would be boring.

While I'm sad .. I have to protect myself and my heart. And while she was a fantastic friend, it's also her temper and moods that I'm wary of.

Oh well .. Life has to go on. She doesn't need me in her life. And she'll be just fine. I wish her all the best in everything she does and all the happiness and good health and love she deserves.

- Posted using BlogPress from my cool iPhone :p

No comments: