Saturday, December 4, 2010

This Christmas ..

I've been meaning to do this for some time now. And that some time has stretched to years - finally I signed up last night and my GIRO application is in the mail. I signed up to be a child sponsor (again) for World Vision.

$45 a month isn't a lot of money to help a child. I had been a child sponsor for a number of years to a Filipino boy and his family. Every year, I'd get a letter or 2 with a smiling photo of him and a short letter telling me about his life etc. At first the letters were written by his teacher then as he got older and could write himself, the letters were written by him. I treasured each letter I got from him and wrote back a couple of times. I was his child sponsor for a good number of years till his family was deemed self-sufficient financially and was no longer under World Vision. I had the option of taking on a new child but never got around to it.

I finally did last night. I chose a child from Cambodia. Now, I'm waiting rather excitedly for his/her portfolio.

Would u like to be a child sponsor too? Go to the World Vision website and sign up today!


- Posted using BlogPress from my cool iPhone :p

No comments: